Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Module 4: ePals and Google maps

Hello Group,

I reviewed this week's assignment and we need to create a google document through our gmail accounts that we share with each other. The assignment is to some way incorporate global awareness to our PBL project (Gardening). I was thinking since we are going to make some sort of lesson out of the different kinds of gardens and the materials needed, that we can do a little research ourselves and find some unique way of gardening that is specific to a particular region of the world (I don't know if it exists, but I sure hope so.). We can then connect our group of students with another group and have them interview each other via a blog or email asking about the garden, plants, materials, maintenance, etc.

I think that is a really neat idea. Let me know. Also, I'm going to go ahead and start a google doc. and invite you and the instructor into it.

8 comments:

  1. I found this neat kind of gardening- Chinampas. See link:

    http://www.bukisa.com/articles/93445_unique-types-of-garden-and-methods-of-planting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send me the link to join for the google document? I tried starting it earlier today, but my internet crashed when I was in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I read that we need a description? I found what we need to be part of it:


    Who are the students your students will communicate with (specific location, grade level)?
    When would your students contact these other students (at what point in their project work)?
    What kinds of questions would they ask each other and what kinds of information would they share?
    What will they do with the information they get from the other students?


    I will look up some more ideas and get those on here so we can decide what we want and to start writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the document? I was thinking we could have our students write to other students from mexico, who garden via chinampas. We obviously need to settle on an age group, so I was thinking 6th grade or middle school would be a good age group to target for this project. What do you think? And did you read what I had written in the google doc?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber,

    You need to create a google map. Do you know how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with 6th grade. I will get on that map! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your map looks great. I made some minor changes to the description.

    ReplyDelete